Problem using Vc with CMake 3.0 and kf5

Stephen Kelly steveire at gmail.com
Mon May 25 15:21:57 BST 2015

Boudewijn Rempt wrote:

>> and demonstrate that that doesn't work. If a SSCCE exists, I'm more
>> likely to be able to help you.
>
> http://www.valdyas.org/~boud/vc-cmake-3.tgz is as minimal as I know how to
> make it: you still need qt, KDELibs4Support and extra-cmake-modules
> installed. After that, running cmake and make VERBOSE=1 will give the
> exact problem I've got.

Here's an SSCCE that demonstrates the problem with Vc 0.7.4:

  cmake_minimum_required(VERSION 3.0)
  project(VcTest)

  set(CMAKE_INCLUDE_CURRENT_DIR ON)

  find_package(Qt5Core REQUIRED)
  find_package(Vc REQUIRED)

  # Uncomment this to make the build work
  # include_directories(${Qt5Core_INCLUDE_DIRS})

  vc_compile_for_all_implementations(__per_arch_factory_objs
    hello.cpp
    FLAGS -fPIC ONLY SSE2)

  message("Following objects are generated from the per-arch lib:

    ${__per_arch_factory_objs}

  ")

  add_executable(hello ${__per_arch_factory_objs})
  target_link_libraries(hello Qt5::Core)

At first, I did not get a build failure because I used Vc from the master
branch. Commit b23418cd (change vc_compile_for_all_implementations macro to
use normal cmake compilation, 2013-10-05) removed the code which reads the
INCLUDE_DIRECTORIES directory property.

That fact gives you more options for a way forward, right?

Thanks,

Steve.