GPL Linking exception or transformation to LGPL?

Alexander Potashev aspotashev at gmail.com
Mon Jun 15 08:03:49 BST 2015

> On 06/15/2015 08:44 AM, Jaroslaw Staniek wrote:
>>
>> Hi Christophe,
>> I find it awesome. As history shows our contribution model is largely
>> based on such cases.
>> Several things:
>> - as Jos has said unless the code is distributed, no changes have
>> (even in GPL) to be published; we're not using AGPL
>> - architectural: to encourage reuse we need to have a library, could
>> you list the files you're using?
>> - practical: if you list files that you need we can collect list of
>> persons that own the copyright
>

> The list was attached to the previous mail. The paths are all in relative to
> the sheets/ directory. The files contain copyrights like this:
>
>   Copyright (C) 1998-2002 The KSpread Team <calligra-devel at kde.org>
>   Copyright (C) 2010 Nokia Corporation and/or its subsidiary(-ies).
>
> for f in $(cat /tmp/files.txt |cut -f 1 -d ' '); do grep copyright -i $f;
> done|sort|uniq

Hi Jos,

More importantly, _all_ the files listed in files.txt are under GNU
Library GPL v2 only:
   This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or
  modify it under the terms of the GNU Library General Public
  License as published by the Free Software Foundation; only
  version 2 of the License.

Does this mean we cannot relicense under e.g. LGPLv2.1?

--
Alexander Potashev