GPL Linking exception or transformation to LGPL?

Christophe Conil christophe.conil at gmail.com
Sun Jun 14 13:59:33 BST 2015

Hi together,

First, congrats for what you did with with Calligra! I'm a everyday user
:-) To introduce myself in 2 words: My name is Christophe, I'm french/german,
30 years old, and trying to create a software company right now.

I'm developing an online service (Not a spreadsheet, but some kind of
teamwork online tool.) and I'd like to use one component of Calligra Sheets
inside it (The formula component.). I managed to identify a finite amount
of files I would need for this. Please find the filelist attached .

My question is: Is there any chance to get a license modification on those
files to get a GPL linking exception? I guess less likely a license change
to LGPL? I'm willing to provide any changes I do to those files and to
provide (if needed) a standalone linking library of it, but I'd like to
call this library from a proprietary QT environment.

I would be very thankful if anybody is able to give me a hint on how to
proceed, or give me a contact I could discuss an agreement with.

Thanks, best regards, and good luck with Calligra 3.0 !

Christophe Conil