Merge window before the port starts

Inge Wallin inge at lysator.liu.se
Sun Jan 25 10:59:39 GMT 2015

Hi,

As you have probably seen I have two patches that I deem mature on the review
board right now. These are branches that have been Ok'ed and are ready to
merge. And I know that there are others with similar branches laying around.
It would be a pity to let them bitrot more than necessary.

I talked with Cyrille on IRC and he suggested that we open a merge window just
before the port starts.  The merge window should be very short (1-2 days only)
and only for patches and branches that are:
 - Well tested and reviewed
 - Finished in some sense - no work in progress

He asked me to propose this on the ML, which I hereby do, and to forward his
support for the idea.

I, myself, see no reason why we cannot open master for patches of this type
already now, but I will let you decide whether opening master now or wait for
a merge window is the best way forward.