After 2.9.7

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Fri Aug 28 14:43:12 BST 2015

On Fri, 28 Aug 2015, Cyrille Berger wrote:

> On 2015-08-27 09:57, Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
>> For Krita, and I hate to say this, it probably makes sense to fork our
>> shared libraries. The office-apps maintainers can then strip out all
>> the
>> krita-specific stuff, and for Krita, we can strip out the stuff that
>> only
>> makes sense for office applications.
>
> So basically, splitting up krita from calligra? Or did I misunderstood
> something?

Well, we started the discussion with the idea that making separate repos
for the libraries and applications was going to be useful. That rather
soon turned into a discussion of the problems we have making our libraries
fit for purpose for all applications, and that turned into "why should,
e.g., words and the libraries be in a separate repo, it's only a lot of
hassle".

And that's where the discussion stopped, so I wrote this mail to re-engage
the discussion.

Boudewijn