[Differential] [Commented On] D183: Add library export definitions

abrahams (Michael Abrahams) noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Aug 12 16:46:50 BST 2015

abrahams added a comment.

In https://phabricator.kde.org/D183#4283, @staniek wrote:

> Like skipping the changes for kexi/, I propose to split the final patch: skip the proper changes in krita/ and in whatever dirs keeps krita touch for calligra/2.9 (pigment, some libs/?). And then commit the non-kexi/non-krita things.
>
> Regarding the exporting extra symbols for testing. I see that builds with testing enabled are not for general distribution. They contain mock code, at least for Kexi they can do. They contain double checking that's also not needed/efficient. Then may depend on the Debug build type. So for me it's perfectly OK to export them in these builds.
>
> How to do that?
>
> e.g. in MYLIB lib's source dir:
>
>   if(BUILD_TESTING)
>     add_definitions(-DMYLIB_TEST_EXPORT=MYLIB_EXPORT)
>   else()
>     add_definitions(-DMYLIB_TEST_EXPORT=)
>   endif()
>

> Then use MYLIB_TEST_EXPORT to export the extra symbols.
>  It's not a lot of code, and well... not every lib adds extra exports.

Does this need to happen for every library? Should it be added in this patch or a different one?  I'm thinking this discussion should be moved to Maniphest, because the various requirements are becoming confusing since they can't be split into subtasks.

REPOSITORY
  rCALLIGRA Calligra

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D183