[Differential] [Commented On] D183: Add library export definitions

staniek (Jarosław Staniek) noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Aug 12 16:28:06 BST 2015

staniek added a comment.

Like skipping the changes for kexi/, I propose to split the final patch: skip the proper changes in krita/ and in whatever dirs keeps krita touch for calligra/2.9 (pigment, some libs/?). And then commit the non-kexi/non-krita things.

Regarding the exporting extra symbols for testing. I see that builds with testing enabled are not for general distribution. They contain mock code, at least for Kexi they can do. They contain double checking that's also not needed/efficient. Then may depend on the Debug build type. So for me it's perfectly OK to export them in these builds.

How to do that?

e.g. in MYLIB lib's source dir:

  if(BUILD_TESTING)
    add_definitions(-DMYLIB_TEST_EXPORT=MYLIB_EXPORT)
  else()
    add_definitions(-DMYLIB_TEST_EXPORT=)
  endif()

Then use MYLIB_TEST_EXPORT to export the extra symbols.
It's not a lot of code, and well... not every lib adds extra exports.

REPOSITORY
  rCALLIGRA Calligra

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D183