krita window size

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Fri Apr 3 10:29:17 BST 2015

On Friday April 03 2015 11:00:49 Boudewijn Rempt wrote:

>No, but the dockers and or the toolbox may make the window too big. I test
>Krita on 1024x768 with KDE and default font settings; bigger fonts,

The netbook's screen is a "typical" 1366x768  ...

>smaller resolution or another desktop may make krita too big to fit in
>that resolution.

Hmmm, unless you have very good eye-sight (or as good as mine once was ^^) I doubt my fonts are larger than yours. I run Kubuntu 14.04 with a rather standard Oxygen style/theme, WM buttons set to small (and other settings tailored to be as compact as possible). I do set my text DPI (Xft.dpi) to 86 rather than 96, but that too causes text to render *smaller*.

Anyway, you seem to confirm that Krita overrides the window dimensions it receives in the resize event? I could try to detach elements to see if that has any effect, but right now Krita actually crashes when I start it. It must have corrupted something in the graphics stack ... how actual/accurate is that OpenGL texture buffer comment about not working on AMD/Radeon ?

R.