10. ODF plugfest in London, Dec 8-9 2014

Dan Leinir Turthra Jensen admin at leinir.dk
Thu Nov 20 18:22:25 GMT 2014

On Thursday 20 Nov 2014 18:59:08 Friedrich W. H. Kossebau wrote:
> Dear co-embracers of open standards,
>
> little bit short on notice, but better than not at all:
>
> in 2 1/2 weeks there will be another ODF plugfest, in London.
>
> Organised by OpenDoc Society, hosted by UK Cabinet Office (remember this
> year's decision of the UK government to use the least insane open standard
> in document formats, i.e. ODF, for all their newly created documents that
> are to be further edited).
>
> While currently there is not much activity around ODF here in Calligra,
> still the one or the other might get inspired by meeting up with other
> implementors of ODF.
>
> It would be really good to have someone there representing Calligra. Leinir,
> don't have to do year-end shopping to do in the capital anyway? ;)

  The importance of London to the rest of England is greatly exaggerated, and
most of the UK is talking about seceding from London ;) That said, however,
the plugfest does sound like a pretty good thing to be a part of. The last one
i was at was good fun. And yes, now does seem to be a sensible time for us to
show our faces again.

> Jarosław, Adam, perhaps an event to also talk about a better ODB?
>
> Myself I am going to be there, but with WebODF hat on (yes, that webodf.org
> one), so cannot really promise to care for Calligra's interests.

  Cooperation between the two communities would seem sensible anyway, and the
plugfest no bad venue for that ;)