Need Help in Inheriting KexiMigrate

Harshi Mistry harshimistry at gmail.com
Mon May 26 14:36:02 BST 2014

Hi,

I need some help in understading how I will inherit KexiMigrate for
OdbMigrate and how will it show up in importTableWizard.
As I could understand, I will have to implement following driver-specific
virtual functions in OdbMigrate class.

bool drv_connect()
bool drv_disconnect()
bool drv_tableNames(QStringList& tablenames)
bool drv_readTableSchema(const QString& originalName,KexiDB::TableSchema&
tableSchema)

I am also not sure if I should implement drv_queryMaxNumber(),
drv_queryStringListFromSQL() functions, which should only be implemented if
database can already contain kexidb_* tables. I did not understand this.

I have also noticed that in MigrateManager class there is a function
lookupDrivers(), which uses following function call to get list of drivers.
This list is used in importTableWizard user interface in a dropdown menu of
mime-types.
KService::List tlist =
KServiceTypeTrader::self()->query("Kexi/MigrationDriver");
I don't understand what extra I have to do than inheriting KexiMigrate for
OdbMigrate, to get OdbMigrate in the result of this function call.

Thanks,
Harshita