2.8.x maintenance plan and 2.9 ?

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Fri Apr 4 08:55:39 BST 2014

On Thursday 03 April 2014 Apr 16:29:50 Cyrille Berger wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have updated the release plan for maintenance release for 2.8:
>
> http://community.kde.org/Calligra/Schedules/2.8/Release_Plan
>
> 2.8.3 and 2.8.4 might be readjusted depending on the rate of bug fixing,
> and further releases might be added with the same consideration.

This is fine with me.

> So what about 2.9 ? I could suggest branching early august and a release
> in September/October ? Or do you want a release earlier/later ?

It's hard to say about 2.9 :-). I expect there will be some delays with that release as it's the last before we port (again) to Qt5, but I think it's a good plan to aim for a september release. With a bit of luck and effort we could still make February 2015 for the 3.0 release then -- if we restrict ourselves to porting and not to refactoring.

--
Boudewijn Rempt