Place/Host wanted for Calligra Sprint 2014 in July or August

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Thu Apr 3 08:26:23 BST 2014

On Wednesday 02 April 2014 Apr 23:32:17 Friedrich W. H. Kossebau wrote:
> Hi,
>
> finding a new date for the sprint is one thing (see separate email).
>
> Besides that we also need to find a host. If you know a possible host in a
> place rather central in Europe, which is easy and cheap to reach by people all
> over Europe (especially Germany and Netherlands) & the world and low in costs
> for accomodation and working rooms, please tell, we are happy to learn about
> that. Ideally getting food and commuting between bed and working room takes as
> little effort as possible, to have all time for discussions and coding :)
>
> The sprint will run one week-end, usually start during Friday when people are
> arriving and end on Sunday evening. The exact week-end is yet to be found,
> hopefully do know what fits people best around April 14th.
>
> Organizing the hosting of the Calligra sprint will be a nice way to
> contribute.
> So if coding, painting icons, documenting and translating is not your
> strength, perhaps hosting us is? Give it a thought :)

If the attendee list doesn't grow much beyond what was up for the cancelled sprint, my place in Deventer might be the cheapest option. I have 4-5 spare bedrooms, and in some of those it's possible to cram 2 people. I'll need some help with practical stuff (cooking, keeping the bathrooms in a usable state), but I guess we can work that out. For overflow, there are cheapish Bed & Breakfasts in the vicinity. The train from Berlin/Hanover stops in Deventer and we're 90 minutes from Schiphol.

--
Boudewijn Rempt