How to merge rebased branch properly?

Lukast dev lukast.dev at gmail.com
Sun Sep 8 11:42:27 BST 2013

DmitryK mentioned some other possibility to preserve history, to create
another branch and merge that new branch.

I would like to preserve the commits as I dropped some code that might be
needed again and squash will destroy history
of the branch.

Dmitry,can you explain the solution with more details (git commands
ideally)? What should be done to preserve history and have easy merge?

Lukas