Debian packaging: copyright and embeeded libs

Adrien adrien.grellier at laposte.net
Sat May 18 21:14:00 BST 2013

Hi,

I have some questions regarding the packaging of Calligra for Debian. For
now we have Calligra 2.6.1 in experimental.

– about copyright

Debian requires to bulid a copyright files to know all the licences used.
Using the licensecheck script, I got 21 different licenses for calligra, but
some files are unclear :

Some files like words/part/tests/TestTextFrameSorting.h have no mention of
copyright. It's mainly the tests cases or some scripts in tools/script/.
Should we assume it's the same license as in COPYING?

The file tools/scripts/downloadMSOfficeDocuments.pl has a copyright mention,
but without a licence. Should we assume it's the same license as in COPYING
or is it non-free ?

The file ./kexi/kexidb/sqlitedump/shell.c has a funny license, which may not
be free:
** The author disclaims copyright to this source code.  In place of
** a legal notice, here is a blessing:
**
**    May you do good and not evil.
**    May you find forgiveness for yourself and forgive others.
**    May you share freely, never taking more than you give.

At last, there is a typo in the copyright mention in
./kexi/webforms/view/default/Update.h , but it's not important.

- about include libs

Calligra contains embeed copies of some library, which are already packaged
in Debian:
  -  filters/words/msword-odf/wv2/
(http://packages.qa.debian.org/w/wv2.html)
  - kexi/migration/mdb/ (http://packages.qa.debian.org/m/mdbtools.html)
  - 3rdparty/kdgantt, provided by kdepim since 4.10 (currently in
experimental).

Debian forbid the embeeded libs, so should we use the external packages, or
do you modified these libraries for calligra ?

If you have any questions about the Debian packaging of Calligra, I will do
my best to answer.

Cheers,

Adrien