Three new strings for Calligra 2.7 Beta 2. Is it possible?

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Tue Jun 25 18:58:34 BST 2013

On Tuesday 25 June 2013 Jun 23:41:41 Inge Wallin wrote:
> On Monday, June 24, 2013 18:29:16 Dmitry Kazakov wrote:
> > Hi, Dear Translators!
> >
> > I'm working on Krita project, which is a part of Calligra. Currently, we
> > are in the Strings Freeze state for 2.7 release, but the fix for one of our
> > release blocker bugs [0] needs addition of three strings:
> >
> > "Distance:" --- means "distance of smoothing"
> > "Stroke Ending:" --- mean how aggressively the line is ended automatically
> > "Smooth Pressure" --- "Smooth" is a verb here. Means whether we smooth the
> > pressure or not.
>
> Just a note: The verb form of "smooth" is "smoothen".

Ahem... "smoothen" and "smooth" are just variations, both are verbs, transitive and intransitive. "smoothen" is a bit more archaic, though, and "smooth" is more conventional. One clear indication that "smoothen" is indeed more archaic is that it seems particuarl popular in Indian English, which is decidedly more conservative. Personally, I am partial to the even more uncommon "smoothe" which is said not to occur in 21st century English anymore.

--
Boudewijn Rempt