Plan, Karbon: Disable the "Maintainer wanted" splashscreen for release branches?

Friedrich W. H. Kossebau kossebau at kde.org
Tue Jun 18 00:04:15 BST 2013

Hi,

I wonder if it is a go idea to have the "Maintainer wanted" splashscreen in
Plan and Karbon also enabled in the 2.7 releases. People who still see some
use in either programs surely will get annoyed quickly, and there is no option
to turn it off.

So I would argue to enable that splashscreen always in master, but only in
debug builds of release branches. That way it will reach those people who are
kind of okay to mess around with code and building (and could also patch that
screen away) but not annoy Joe User.

For releases we should (have) put that message rather (additionally) in the
About dialog, I think now. We still can, either asking the translators for
exception or keeping it in english (like the splashscreen, which is also
untranslated).

What do you think?

Cheers
Friedrich