Parametric QML-Shapes, Filetype

David Lanzendörfer david.lanzendoerfer at o2s.ch
Mon Jun 17 16:21:45 BST 2013

Hi

> I wonder, this is doable without QML too.  Do you propose to mix Flake with QML?
> I do not know exactly what is the extra value of QML here, so could
> you please explain...
Well the advance would be that we would have parametric objects with dynamically
modifiable connection node properties, which would always redraw with
automatically adapted dimensions.
The advance of QML here is that instead of just compiling hard coded shape types
into Flake we could import QML stencil collections which could then be parsed
by flake and provided as extended active stencil.

> especially that you did not mention this is only for Calligra Active or not.
Not only in Active. I just wanted QML because it would be neat since it could
be shipped as a noarch package and as such wouldn't take much effort
for packagers to compile.

> What's the 'specification' exactly, do you propose to modify ODF or?
Most likely it will be needed in order to support this kind of active stencils.
Since it needs to keep the information about all the functions it supports.
(Dot's distance recalculation function and so on)

regards David