Roadmap to Calligra Mini

Sebastian Sauer mail at dipe.org
Mon Jun 17 09:52:37 BST 2013

Aloha,

so you may have noticed that I did land last few weeks work in the
Coffice-branch. I am giving here a short status-update on the work done
and the work I plan to do towards releasing the first release of the
Calligra Mini successor of Coffice. Note that this is only my personal
roadmap and subject to change anytime. So, if you think there is
something missing, something not so important, etc. please just raise
voice and I can shift.

=== Work published ===

Current version (as published in Google Play) is 1.5. 1.5 is the first
release I not see as "alpha release" but as "beta release". Its stable,
fast, loads and displays ODT/DOC/DOCX. Its "good enough to be usable"
but there is still plenty to do from my pov.

=== Work landed ===

What I did withint last ~2 months is to focus on 2 areas:

1) SailfishOS version.

So far Coffice builds and runs on Linux desktop and Android. SailfishOS
is the second mobile SDK targetted (by me). It compiles and runs but
doesn't display, etc. yet. Remaining work is on the UI (Silicia
components) only.

2) Sheets integration.

Calligra Sheets compiles now using the fake-lib on desktop, Android and
SailfishOS. It compiles and links but not more. Means missing here is
the UI-integration.

=== Work to do ===

What I would like to do before releasing a first Calligra Mini version
is to finish Sheets and make loading and displaying a ODS file proper
working.

That's the only thing I have atm on my table. Estimate would be in the
range of <3 months depending on the amount of spare time that is left.

=== Feedback ===

If there is anything you think that is missing from current version 1.5
(as available in Google Play), that needs to be changed/added/removed
before a Calligra Mini x.y release then please let me know now. Thanks
in advance :)