Calligra 3.0 for Qt 5.1?

Cyrille Berger cberger at cberger.net
Tue Jul 30 14:45:40 BST 2013

On 2013-07-30 13:07, C. Boemann wrote:
> Now as to which branch to use etc. I clearly recall the qt4/kde4
> porting - it
> dragged on because things were not ready, but certainly also because we
> were
> still working on the qt3/kde3 version at the same time.

That is quiet wrong. We only had six months while we had both qt3/kde3
and qt4/kde4 in different branches. Then we had two years before the
first KDE4.0 release, where before being able to code on koffice code,
you would have to update your version of kdelibs4, kdebase4 and some
other stuff for kdesupport, if you were lucky, you would have time to
fix what broke in koffice in conscequences of changes in dependencies.
And then it was time to go to bed before you could work on actual
improvement. It is only after kdelibs 4.0 release, that things started
to improve drastically.

What the work on koffice 1.6 did was to put the burden of porting on a
fewer set of people.

--
Cyrille Berger Skott