Calligra 3.0 for Qt 5.1?

Cyrille Berger cberger at cberger.net
Tue Jul 30 09:39:10 BST 2013

On 2013-07-30 00:01, Friedrich W. H. Kossebau wrote:
>> And make the OSX port finally not suck. And make Android ports that
>> aren't a
>> hack possible. And yes, I want those Windows users, too. They are
>> important.
>
> You should have all that with KF5 as well, so far the plan. And with
> Qt5.2
> even better than with Qt 5.1
> (D-Bus or the embedded filedialog might be a problem, right, but the
> stuff
> which depends on/uses it can be turned into code variants/plugins, so
> it can
> be still provided on those platform where it is native, like the
> Gnu/Linux
> ones)

That is what I was also thinking for KIO, which is probably the biggest
piece we are gonna miss with KDE integration. It could be solved by
implementing an abstraction layer for file system access. Something
like:

class IOAccess
{
public:
   QIODevice openReadStream(const QUrl& _url);
   QIODevice openWriteStream(const QUrl& _url);
};

And then have two implementations, one for KIO (used on Linux) and one
using QFile. I guess this might be moved in the future to KF, as I guess
many more KDE Applications who wants portability don't really care about
all the features of KIO's API, and just want to read files.

--
Cyrille Berger Skott