[calligra] /: added retina compatible icon support for osx

Friedrich W. H. Kossebau kossebau at kde.org
Wed Jan 16 09:28:26 GMT 2013

Am Freitag, 11. Januar 2013, 14:33:49 schrieb Yuƫ Liu:
> On Fri, Jan 11, 2013 at 1:18 PM, Jaroslaw Staniek <staniek at kde.org> wrote:
> >>
> >> after having removed the karbon, kexi, krita app icons from the
> >> oxygen-iconset I found out that I, other than thought, had not yet
> >> completely removed them: in the subdir scalable/apps/small of the
> >> oxygen-iconset there are also SVGs from which the small pixmaps are
> >> done, e.g.:
> >> scalable/apps/small/48x48/kexi.svgz
> >> scalable/apps/small/48x48/krita.svgz
> >> scalable/apps/small/48x48/karbon.svgz
> >>
> >> See
> >> http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/kdesupport/oxygen-icons/scalable/apps/small/4
> >> 8x48
> >>
> >> Looking into the icons which were added to the Calligra repo in this
> >> commit of yours it seems all those svgz for the small icons are missing.
> >>
> >> So can you tell who did the current icons?
> >> Were those small svgz ignored on purpose? Or simply forgotten/unknown?
> >> If the latter, could those small-version svgz be copied to Calligra,
> >> debranded from KOffice and then used to create the small pixmaps
> >> replacing the current ones?
>
> I didn't realize there are small pixel svgzs. I grabbed calligra icons
> from wikipedia.
>
> >> I think the small icon pixmaps made from the special small svgz files
> >> look
> >> better, more crispy and less blurred due to less detail and more pixel
> >> alignment, cmp. e.g. the old
> >> http://websvn.kde.org/*checkout*/branches/KDE/4.10/oxygen-
> >> icons/32x32/apps/karbon.png?revision=1328624&pathrev=1328624
> >> with the new
> >> https://projects.kde.org/projects/calligra/repository/revisions/master/en
> >> try/karbon/pics/app/hi32- app-karbon.png
> >>
> >> So the additional svgz for the small pixmaps are worth it to keep IMHO.
> >> Would you agree?
>
> Yes those are much better. But a problem is those icons are designed
> for koffice, they still have the K logo on top, have to remove that
> logo before generate icons.

Yes, that is what I meant with "debranded from KOffice" :)

I just also removed the svgz icons from the oxygen iconset, with commit
http://websvn.kde.org/?view=revision&revision=1333097 so if you want to copy
these files you need to do a checkout of trunk/kdesupport/oxygen-
icons/scalable with max revision 1333096.

The script
http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/KDE/kdesdk/scripts/optimizegraphics?view=log to
optimize the pngs you know already, right? Just mentioning in case you missed
it before :)

Cheers
Friedrich