Check for Qt classes that should not be used

Inge Wallin inge at lysator.liu.se
Sat Feb 23 18:54:32 GMT 2013

On Saturday, February 23, 2013 01:20:46 Sven Langkamp wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 20, 2013 at 12:07 PM, Jean-Nicolas Artaud
>
> <jeannicolasartaud at gmail.com> wrote:

> >> I saw that too recently and I think that these classes shouldn't be
> >> changed because KDE Frameworks goes into the exact opposite direction.
> >> I mailed Allan Winter about that some time, but didn't get an answer.

> > Maybe contacting ervin at kde dot org could help too, he is totally
> > involved in KDE
> > frameworks. I do agree with you Sven on the fact that "KDE Frameworks goes
> > into
> > the exact opposite direction". By the way, that doesn't mean that every
> > part of the
> > KDE libs has to be forgotten. KDE needs things that Qt doesn't have, and
> > Frameworks
> > just explose things, to be Qt nearer and nearer.
>
> Looks like Inge and I did contacted him independently. He mentioned
> that it's still a long time till KDE Frameworks and that the checks
> are still valid for consistency reasons.
> In my opinion the visual difference is almost invisible and the change
> not really needed. So I would either blacklist the check or give it a
> very low priority.

While you may be right I'm not sure that I buy this reasoning.  That the
visual difference is small is not reason enough. The motivation mentions other
things like i18n and so on.  But I think that this error is largely ignored
anyway so I guess we could ignore it.

I'm going to investigate the actual differences and see what the reasons are
for using one or the other.