Check for Qt classes that should not be used

Inge Wallin inge at lysator.liu.se
Wed Feb 20 08:35:29 GMT 2013

As you may have noticed, I have taken some interest in EBN, the KDE static
code checker[1]. One of the categories there is "Check for Qt classes that
should not be used" where it recommends to use e.g. KTabBar instead of QTabBar
and so on.

What's our opinion on that?  That should be something very simple to build
into fixsrc.py but I hesitate to do it because I don't know what our
motivations for not doing it to such a high degree is. Lack of support in
KDevelop / Qt Creator? The programmer didn't know they exist?  Something else?

	-Inge

[1]http://englishbreakfastnetwork.org/krazy/index.php?component=bundled-
apps&module=calligra