2.6.0 tag is set on...

Cyrille Berger cberger at cberger.net
Tue Feb 5 09:13:11 GMT 2013

Here is the deal, once a tarball is given to packagers, it is as good
as being public. And the reason why re-tagging is limited to "compile
fix" is because we have no way to be sure that packagers will notice the
updated package (unless they are hit by a compile error), re-tagging for
bug fix/enabling plugin would mean that we end-up with two versions of
calligra, "2.6.0-with-mobi" and "2.6.0-without-mobi", which I think
would be very confusing for users. This is the basis for the release
tagging policy, which sounds reasonable to me:

* re-tagging only happen for compile fix
* if a severe regression (ie crash) is discovered after tagging a
stable version, the current released is cancled, and a new tag is made
as soon as possible with an "upped" version number
* if a non-previously released features has a last minute severe bug
(ie crash, data loss), it is disabled and re-enable for the next point
release (usually I even delay a bit the tagging to give a chance for a
fix)

--
Cyrille Berger Skott