Autocorrect

Cyrille Berger Skott cberger at cberger.net
Sun Sep 16 08:25:45 BST 2012

On Saturday 15 Sep 2012, Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> I can move all the files to the correct location (and fix their
> CMakeLists.txt) if that is what is decided.
>
> Cheers,
>   Albert
>
> P.S: Before promoting autocorrect much I suggest you have a look at the
> (probably fake) site of http://www.damnyouautocorrect.com/

To be honnest, they either have a very broken autocorrect system on thoses
phones, or a lot of dyslexic people are blamming their phones, for autocorrect
to go from swimming to sem**, there is something very very wrong. It is also
true that when using a phone in T9 mode can lead to such words mistakes, but
that is also something that does not affect autocorrect.

In fact, autocorrect (and it usually is) should be limited to very obvious
spelling mistakes ie, "conection" -> "connection", and so on. That is also why
I don't see why there would be a different dataset for kmail or calligra.

--
Cyrille Berger Skott