Today's calligrasheets crashes

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Fri Nov 30 10:15:37 GMT 2012

On Fri, 30 Nov 2012, Philip Van Hoof wrote:

> Hi Boudewijn,
>
> Yes, I noticed that too.
>
> But uninstalling the Debian testing one didn't solve the problem. Now I
> do have a clean crash with the symbols of gdb at the locations in the
> source tree of my calligra.
>
> I also think that a installment of Calligra in /usr/local should favor
> plugins in /usr/local and not /usr. Such favoring would allow dual
> installs of Calligra (with ABI incompatibilities or not).
>
> After uninstall doesn't calligrasheets work anymore, giving me a error
> message about having to add a prefix in /etc/kderc. How do I do this?
>
> What I'm trying to do is setting up a development workstation with a
> Calligra that can coexist with Debian packaging (that doesn't write
> there where my distribution is also writing its packaged software). For
> now it's fine that I have to uninstall Debian's own calligra packages.

I'm actually not completely sure how hard it would be make it possible to
co-install a locally compiled calligra with a global calligra, I guess
it's a matter of .so versioning and plugin version numbers.

> But having to install calligra in /usr would be :-(

No, that's not necessary :-). By playing with a number of environment
variables you can determine which calligra is used. I've got about a dozen
co-installed on my development system, in fact.

> I'm getting this in a error dialog box:
> The service '/usr/local/share/applications/kde4/sheets.desktop' provides
> no library or the Library key is missing
>
> And this on the console:
> pvanhoof at lors:~/repos/kde4/calligra-build$ calligrasheets
> sheets(21492)/kdecore (services) KServiceFactory::findServiceByDesktopPath: "sheetspart.desktop" not found
> sheets(21492)/kdecore (services) KServiceFactory::findServiceByDesktopPath: "Office/sheets.desktop" not found
> sheets(21492)/koffice (lib komain) KoDocumentEntry::createKoPart: "The service '/usr/local/share/applications/kde4/sheets.desktop' provides no library or the Library key is missing"
>
> Note:
> pvanhoof at lors:~/repos/kde4/calligra-build$ cat /etc/kderc
> [Directories]
> prefixes=/usr/local
> pvanhoof at lors:~/repos/kde4/calligra-build$

For locally installed versions of calligra, the methods given in

http://community.kde.org/Calligra/Building/Building_Calligra#Running_Calligra_applications

work quite well.

--
Boudewijn