Using Sheets as a library

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Tue Nov 27 11:41:59 GMT 2012

On Tuesday 27 November 2012 Nov, Philip Van Hoof wrote:
> On Mon, 2012-11-26 at 21:14 +0100, Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> > On Monday 26 November 2012 Nov, Philip Van Hoof wrote:
> > > Hi guys,
> > >
> > > For the purpose of a custom made and specialized Qt application will
> > > need to adapt the CMakeFile.txt of Sheets in such a way that the
> > > non-installed calligrasheetscommon_LIB gets installed and that its
> > > header files will become available.
> >
> > Sounds like a cool project! Is it something you can tell us about? I love hearing about people reusing Calligra libs.
>
> I'll need to be vague about this for the moment. Apologizes for that.

No problem!

> When they got reused did people write patches for Calligra's
> CMakeFile.txt already? Perhaps those patches are reusable?

Most of what was needed was already integrated in the current system. For all those projects, we used a home-compiled calligra, not as installed by any distribution.

Hm, there were some huge optimization enabled for the Harmattan Office project. I'm not sure where Nokia left the git repo, but you can get it from http://www.valdyas.org/~boud/office-tools.tgz. I think the sheets canvas has an option to enable multi-threaded rendering, but I'd need to dig in again to figure that out.

> Ok, but I need to stress that a GPL header, also a accidentally GPL
> header, is a problem for any user who's project requires LGPL (like in
> case of my customer's project).

Yes, we need to resolve that. Unfortunately, Marijn is now in the USA and at Google, I'm not sure he's got the okay to work on open source already. Stefan Nikolaus has disappeared some time ago already. Let's see what happens. If all else fails, we'll replace the dialogs with new ui files.

--
Boudewijn Rempt