Using Sheets as a library

Inge Wallin inge at lysator.liu.se
Mon Nov 26 09:29:37 GMT 2012

Hih Philip,

On Monday, November 26, 2012 09:33:42 Philip Van Hoof wrote:
> On Mon, 2012-11-26 at 09:22 +0100, Philip Van Hoof wrote:

> > [deleted]

> > pvanhoof at lors:~/repos/kde4/calligra/sheets$ grep "GNU General" * -R |
> > cut -d ":" -f -1 | sort | uniq
> > dialogs/ConsolidateDetailsWidget.ui
> > dialogs/ConsolidateWidget.ui
> > dialogs/GoalSeekWidget.ui
> > dialogs/SortDetailsWidget.ui
> > dialogs/SortWidget.ui
> > dialogs/SpecialPasteWidget.ui
> > dialogs/SubtotalsDetailsWidget.ui
> > tests/BenchmarkRTree.cpp
> > tests/BenchmarkRTree.h
> > pvanhoof at lors:~/repos/kde4/calligra/sheets$
> >

> > pvanhoof at lors:~/repos/kde4/calligra/sheets$ for a in `grep "GNU General"
> > * -R | cut -d ":" -f -1 | sort | uniq` ; do grep Copyright $a ;
> > doneCopyright 2010 Stefan Nikolaus <stefan.nikolaus at kdemail.net>
> > Copyright 2010 Stefan Nikolaus <stefan.nikolaus at kdemail.net>
> > Copyright 2009 Stefan Nikolaus <stefan.nikolaus at kdemail.net>
> > Copyright 2010 Stefan Nikolaus <stefan.nikolaus at kdemail.net>
> > Copyright 2010 Stefan Nikolaus <stefan.nikolaus at kdemail.net>
> > Copyright (C) 2006 Stefan Nikolaus <stefan.nikolaus at kdemail.net>
> > Copyright 2010 Stefan Nikolaus <stefan.nikolaus at kdemail.net>
> >
> >    Copyright (C) 2006 Stefan Nikolaus <stefan.nikolaus at kdemail.net>
> >    Copyright (C) 2006 Stefan Nikolaus <stefan.nikolaus at kdemail.net>
> >    Copyright (C) 2010 Marijn Kruisselbrink <mkruisselbrink at kde.org>
> >
> > pvanhoof at lors:~/repos/kde4/calligra/sheets$

The idea is that all of Sheets and in fact all of Calligra should be under
LGPL.  There are a couple of exceptions, mostly for historical reasons: Krita
and a couple of 3rd party libraries.

As you write yourself, the ui files are not difficult to recreate but let's
try to talk with Stefan and Marijn first and see if they have anything against
changing the licenses to LGPL. I'm 99% sure that they don't.

As for exporting the sheets library, it is our intention to make it easier to
use our code in many different situations so I think I speak for most of us
when I say we are interested in your code. When you want to contribute it
back, just put it up on git.reviewboard.kde.org and we will take a look.

Thanks in advance,

	-Inge