Workspace proposal

Brylie Oxley brylie at gnumedia.org
Tue Nov 20 21:39:16 GMT 2012

I like the idea of saving screen space. I also like that it would show only
relevant information, making it easier to navigate to desired tools.

Blender3D has good support for workspaces.
http://blender.org

What are some strategies for making the UI respond to different contexts, such
as a drawing context where shapes and geometry manipulation tools are shown?
Developers could set up contexts of relevant tools that would display
dynamically as the user navigates their design workflow, e.g. a context bar
could dynamically morph depending on user activity.

--
Brylie Oxley
http://gnumedia.org