Mac OS X - quo vadis calligra, calligraconverter

Cyrille Berger Skott cberger at cberger.net
Wed May 30 18:19:25 BST 2012

Based on my experience, people use mostly iWork for Keynote, which is supposed
to be the best thing to make presentations.

> We claim that "Calligra import filters for docx/xlsx/pptx are the best
> free translations tools available anywhere.", [2] and we should build
> on this and promote it better to attract potential sponsors. A
> separate calligraconverter package would make a good start.
> It would mean that people don't need to install the whole calligra
> suite.  Can we consider this as a drawback?

By package, you mean source code or binary package ? If it is source code, the
easiest way to handle it would be to have a compile option, like we currently
have TINY and CREATIVEONLY, we could have a CONVERTERONLY. But as everything,
it does require someone to actively maintain the option.

--
Cyrille Berger Skott