Announcement of 2.5alpha -- what to highlight?

Markus kamikazow at gmx.de
Mon May 28 15:14:51 BST 2012

Am Montag 28 Mai 2012, 15:06:37 schrieb Inge Wallin:

> Another thing: I know that Boemann is targetting academic users with Words.

Just a hint from someone with a little experience in KDE Promo: Be careful how
you phrase that. "Target" can mean a lot. With formula support being worked on
SOC, I suppose the natural sciences are not the main target of that release.
So probably the humanities. If by "target" it is meant that Words 2.5.0 is
intended to be fully recommended for that audience, great, but then it should
really be 100% ready.
However it may be wise to underline that despite its version number Words is a
completely new application and that for the upcoming one or two release cycles
are meant to make Words academia-friendly and that students and teachers are
the foremost audience to be asked to file bug reports.
2.5.0 may be communicated to be ready for academic presentations and abstracts
in the humanities, 2.6.0 extends that to natural sciences, and 2.7.0 might be
ready for a 100+ pages thesis, incl. automatic hyphenation support etc.

Markus