Calligra sprint in Randa?

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Mon May 21 08:24:22 BST 2012

On Monday 21 May 2012 May, Inge Wallin wrote:
> I have been asked by Mario Fux (unormal) about whether the Calligra community
> is interested in participating in a big sprint in september.  You can see the
> relevant doodle here: http://www.doodle.com/svghf38ibdg6k9dv .
>
> This will be held in Randa, Switzerland in a brobdingnagian[1] house which
> allows several KDE groups to have their own sprints simultaneously while at
> the same time allow for shared discussions. I hear it's really useful.
>
> If we accept the offer and let Mario arrange a nice sprint, we will have good
> food, good surroundings and good rooms. Did I mention sponsorship from the e.V
> and some local sponsors is already secured?
>
> I think the timing is not bad. We have just gone a full spring without a
> Calligra sprint and we also have shortened our release cycle to 4 months.
> Given the schedule for Calligra 2.5[2] this date should be around the middle
> of the development cycle for 2.6 (or 3.0). We probably need a sprint soon and
> this is as good time as any.
>
> On the other hand, a full week is really long.  Perhaps we can have a
> dedicated Calligra sprint over the weekend. The Randa sprint itself will be
> friday to thursday) so we could maybe have friday - monday or so and then
> people who want to discuss or hack on something particularly complex could
> stay a few more days.

It would certainly be interesting to share a sprint with other KDE projects. On the other hand, Randa is difficult and expensive to reach... Personally I would prefer to have an easier to reach location (like Berlin), but I guess we'll be able to manage.

But the travel costs are going to be huge!

--
Boudewijn Rempt