Calligra sprint in Randa?

Inge Wallin inge at lysator.liu.se
Mon May 21 01:07:21 BST 2012

I have been asked by Mario Fux (unormal) about whether the Calligra community
is interested in participating in a big sprint in september.  You can see the
relevant doodle here: http://www.doodle.com/svghf38ibdg6k9dv .

This will be held in Randa, Switzerland in a brobdingnagian[1] house which
allows several KDE groups to have their own sprints simultaneously while at
the same time allow for shared discussions. I hear it's really useful.

If we accept the offer and let Mario arrange a nice sprint, we will have good
food, good surroundings and good rooms. Did I mention sponsorship from the e.V
and some local sponsors is already secured?

I think the timing is not bad. We have just gone a full spring without a
Calligra sprint and we also have shortened our release cycle to 4 months.
Given the schedule for Calligra 2.5[2] this date should be around the middle
of the development cycle for 2.6 (or 3.0). We probably need a sprint soon and
this is as good time as any.

On the other hand, a full week is really long.  Perhaps we can have a
dedicated Calligra sprint over the weekend. The Randa sprint itself will be
friday to thursday) so we could maybe have friday - monday or so and then
people who want to discuss or hack on something particularly complex could
stay a few more days.

I think that in general it's a very good offer and we should take it.  The
details can be worked out later.

	-Inge

[1] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zix2eRjPFLk
[2] http://community.kde.org/Calligra/Schedules/2.5/Release_Plan