better error messages on the build server

Jos van den Oever jos at vandenoever.info
Tue May 15 12:14:43 BST 2012

On Tuesday 15 May 2012 13:02:57 PM Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> On Tue, 15 May 2012, Jos van den Oever wrote:
> > Hello all,
> >
> > Over the weekend I ported the script to test document round-tripping and
> > conversion from python to java. The advantage is an increase in speed and
> > better error messages. The runtime for the tests has decreased from two
> > hours to one hours and fifteen minutes.
>
> Cool work! (The list is a bit daunting, though...)

It is, but a lot is really simple. I fixed about fifteen issues over the
weekend and there is a lot of easy stuff left.

Calligra uses ODF as its main file format and supports the standardization
effort, so we should make a good effort at actually producing valid ODF. But
validation pedantism is not the main reason for fixing these issues.

Most issues are in the filters. There data is written out wrong, with the
effect that the resulting ODF has information that is missed by Calligra and
results in wrong rendering.

Cheers,
Jos