Style Manager Weirdness

Watts blue.brutal at gmail.com
Wed May 9 17:53:04 BST 2012

Hiya. I've done a lot of internet searching, including
here and in the Calligra forums and wiki, and I can't
find any information about this. I'm not sure if I'm
posting this in the right place at all - if I'm not, please
let me know where it should go.

I love almost everything about Calligra, but I'm having
a problem with the Style Manager that's kind of a deal
breaker for me. When I try to modify a style and set the
font type to Regular (as opposed to Bold, Italics, and what
have you), it automatically sets itself to Bold Italics instead.

I'm using Calligre Words 2.4.0, as installed from the Ubuntu
12.04 repo; if there's a way to get it updated to something
more current, and that will solve the problem, I'm terribly
afraid that I can't seem to find out how.

I make extensive use of Styles in my writing, so if this is a
persistent bug, I'll have to go back to LibreOffice, and I really,
really don't want to.