Calligra on Windows: QtDBus

Taco H. in den Bosch taco at heddesit.nl
Tue May 8 10:00:35 BST 2012

Hi everybody,

I am trying to build Calligra Words on Windows. This is mostly working,
except that a number of important classes (prominently KoDocument) depend
on the QtDBus component which is not provided on windows (at least not in
the version 4.8.1 of Qt that I am using).

There is a Windows build of calligra, maintained by KO GmbH
(www.kogmbh.com), so they must have found a way around this. Can anybody
tell me how this is done? I see no facility in the source code to remove
the dependency on QtDBus, so I imagine that they in some way make this
component available in Windows. I have found a couple of references on the
internet about doing this, but it seems incomplete and not very
dependable.

Any pointers in the right direction are appreciated.

With kind regards,
Taco.