Calligra review by distrowatch - not ready for Ubuntu?

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Thu May 3 18:35:42 BST 2012

On Thursday 03 May 2012 May, Jaroslaw Staniek wrote:
> Hi, in this review by distrowatch [1] the author did not manage to run
> kexi properly. I wonder what distro it was? Ubuntu? Also is there
> anyone willing to contribute with up to date info on availability of
> Calligra for Ubuntu? Last I checked there were untested/unstable
> snapshots [2].

Calligra 2.4 is included in Ubuntu 12.04. Those are stable packages. As noted in the link:

Precise Pangolin

Ubuntu's current development version Precise Pangolin (12.04) has calligra packages in the standard universe repository.

For 11.10, you can get stable packages as well (from http://krita.org/download)

For 11.10, packages are available through the following PPA:

ppa:kubuntu-ppa/backpor

I'm not sure how stable kexi is, of course, I only tested krita around release time on *buntu, opensuse and fedora...

--
Boudewijn Rempt