Using the Tables brand/trade name for a spreadsheet application

Jaroslaw Staniek staniek at kde.org
Wed Mar 7 12:08:00 GMT 2012

On 7 March 2012 13:02, Elvis Stansvik <elvstone at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2012/3/7 Sebastian Sauer <mail at dipe.org>:
>> On 03/07/2012 12:14 PM, Sebastian Sauer wrote:
>>>
>>> 10. Numbers n shit loses to Abacus by 8–0, loses to Flats by 4–2
>>> => I would not see that as serious proposal, or? I mean I think an
>>> application should not be named "shit"... maybe make it "sheet" if you like
>>> something else?
>>

>> Thinking again I guess that option disqualifies itself cause of Apple's
>> Numbers, right?
>>
>> Personally I would suggest to choose a name that stays close to our goal to
>> have a "standard-name" like Words or Stage that by itself is not a brand but
>> should be only used in combination with our common Calligra brand. So, e.g.
>> "Calligra XYZ" rather then "XYZ" where XYZ is not something that has a
>> strong stand (means an own strong name like e.g. Calligra or KSpread had). I
>> also would suggest to not add a K-prefix or some other 1-2 letter
>> shorty-combination.
>>
>> Some more brainstorming;
>> * Calligra Worksheet
>> * Calligra Compute
>> * Calligra Count
>> * Calligra Evaluation / Eval
>> * Calligra Value
>> * Calligra Calculation / Calc
>> * Calligra Proceed
>> * Calligra Accounting / Account
>> * Calligra Fiscal
>> * Calligra Budget
>> * Calligra Arithmetic
>> * Calligra Bill
>> * Calligra Invoice
>> * Calligra Costing
>
> My suggestion is
>
> * Calligra Crunch

Please everyone _before_ any proposal post at least your research on
conflicts with apps (1. spreadsheets apps, 2. other apps, 3. whether
they are FOSS or not)

E.g. Crunch is established already:
Ad 1. https://www.crunch.co.uk/more-than-just-a-pretty-spreadsheet/
Ad 2. http://www.pragmaticcode.com/crunch/