Chaining textboxes, enhancing OpenDocument formats...

Thorsten Zachmann t.zachmann at zagge.de
Mon Mar 5 03:58:57 GMT 2012

Hello Friedrich,

> is there really no support for chaining textboxes in OpenDocument, so text
> content is flowing between those boxes, as needed? Please tell me there is.

there is

19.118 draw:chain-next-name

which does what you are looking for and it is already supported in Calligra.

> If not, where are actual discussions of the OpenDocument formats
> enhancement happening, so I could propose/discuss this feature I am used
> to from document layouting software from almost two decades ago? The
> public OASIS mailing lists I found are dormant at least.

The work done in OpenDocument is dicussed by the OpenDocument Technical
Committee. Jos van den Oever and myself are members of this TC. If you have
something that needs adding e.g. as it is not there yet you can write it down
and forward it to us so that we bring it before the TC.

> So far there are a few features in the Corel Draw document model which
> cannot be mapped to ODG, while being nice-to-have, so I would like to have
> them discussed for future versions as well.

Thorsten Zachmann