Calligra translations for 2.5

Cyrille Berger Skott cberger at cberger.net
Mon Jun 11 18:59:03 BST 2012

Hi Translation Teams,

A little head up about calligra translations for 2.5.

First of all, for this release, we have change a bit our development process,
we have switched to a four months release schedule. Also, "master" is always
opened for new features and strings, while stable branches (ie "calligra/2.4",
"calligra/2.5"...) are always closed for new features and new strings. And we
create the new stable branch for the first beta, for 2.5, the date is set for
Friday 15th June. For you guys it does not change much.

So basically after Friday, we have three active branches, master,
"calligra/2.5" and "calligra/2.4" (at least until the end of June for the
2.4.3 release, and maybe more if we go for a 2.4.4 release). My suggestion is
that on Friday, I switch "trunk/l10n-kde4" to point to the "calligra/2.5"
branch, so that the translation teams can work on the translations for 2.5.
And X weeks later, we switch "trunk/l10n-kde4" back to master and
"branches/stable/l10n-kde4" to "calligra-2.5".

Here is the suggested schedule

== Friday 15th June
* "trunk/l10n-kde4" point to "calligra/2.5"

== +X weeks
* "trunk/l10n-kde4" point to master
* "branches/stable/l10n-kde4" points to "calligra-2.5"
* translations are copied from "trunk/l10n-kde4" to "branches/stable/l10n-
kde4"

The exact value for X remains to be defined, obviously it should happen after
the last 2.4 release. For simplicity, I would suggest that it happens for
2.5.0 release. But if you prefer to have it as soon as the 2.4 branch is
considered dead, I am fine with that option.

In practice, it should not change much for you compared to the workflow from
previous release, except that master will be untranslated for a couple of
weeks.

If you have any comments and/or suggestions, feel free.

--
Cyrille Berger Skott