Background tool & page background setting

Friedrich W. H. Kossebau kossebau at kde.org
Mon Jun 4 18:39:06 BST 2012

Hi,

is anyone currently working on working support for setting the page
background, master page and drawing page?

I would like to be able to control how the page looks like. The Background
tool does not really work for me on the page (and elsewhere, hm...), though I
can set a background by the tool's config widget. How should I use that tool?
Or is it broken?

Then I expected some tab to set the page background in the "Page Layout"
dialog (which then might need to be renamed to "Page Format"), also when
creating a custom document e.g. in Words.

Okay if I draft at least a dialog tab for that?

Then I wonder if it possible to control if the background should be printed or
not. The attribute "style:print-content" seems not applyable, did I see
correctly? Or is the page background never printed anyway?

I have a certain use-case in mind:
I want to print with black color on a given sheet of paper, either a pre-
printed formular or just some coloured paper. And I want to see already on the
screen how the print-out will look like on the printed paper. I.e. the
background should look like the paper/sheet, but just for display, when
printing just the stuff I added should be turned into burned toner/dried ink.

If there is no such attribute, I want to propose that we at least create one
within Calligra (and work on getting this in the spec).

Cheers
Friedrich