[calligra] /: Move core parts of KexiDB lib to libcalligradb

Inge Wallin inge at lysator.liu.se
Sun Jul 15 07:32:28 BST 2012

On Friday, July 13, 2012 10:25:48 C. Boemann wrote:
> Even if it's not words but a plugin that uses this library, the library is
> still needed, and thus the dependency. And a library is already a plugin,
> so the real problem is the way that distros package calligralibs as one.
>
> if instead of one package they packaged calligraflake, calligradb etc then
> only kexi and words/biblioplugin would have to depend on calligradb
>
> There is nothing in our makefiles that make krita depend on calligradb. At
> least not afaik. Or if there is it should be fixed.

While this is true, it is also the case that it's extremely difficult for
packagers to follow all the changes that happen inside a large piece of code
like Calligra over the time.

To help them, we could separate our libraries into libs1/, libs2/, etc. This
is not beautiful for sure but it would help achieve our goal of having less
monolithic libraries.