RC readiness, not

Thorsten Zachmann t.zachmann at zagge.de
Fri Jul 13 18:07:21 BST 2012

Hello,

On Friday 13 July 2012 16:11:24 Cyrille Berger Skott wrote:
> Hum, the question that needs to be answered at this point is: is calligra
> 2.5 worse or better than calligra 2.4.3. If it is better (ie no
> regressions, more bug fixes more features) then it should be released to
> replace 2.4.3. However if it is worse (ie regressions), then it should be
> delayed.

2.5 is much better then 2.4.3 and has quite some improvements. And I agree
that we should release 2.5 as long as there are no regressions comapred to
2.5.

> As it stands, the two bugs that are tagged as RCs are not regressions, they
> both happens in 2.4 and 2.5, so if there are new regressions they should be
> noted and tagged appropriely, otherwise, I think we should proceed.

Agreed.

> And yes, Words is not considered end-user ready, this why the release has
> the 2.5 version number and not 3.0.

And we still can fix those bugs commit them to master and backport them to 2.5
so the next releases will be even better then what we have now.

Thorsten