Missing icons in the formula shape

Friedrich W. H. Kossebau kossebau at kde.org
Tue Jul 10 10:22:32 BST 2012

Hi Inge & especially Jeremias,

Am Dienstag, 10. Juli 2012, 10:24:48 schrieb Inge Wallin:
> On Tuesday, July 10, 2012 09:56:24 Friedrich W. H. Kossebau wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > the formula shape in master and calligra/2.5 misses the following icons in
> >
> > the repository:
> >  gsubup
> >
> >      plugins/formulashape/KoFormulaTool.cpp:439
> >
> >  rsubup
> >
> >      plugins/formulashape/KoFormulaTool.cpp:433
> >
> >  enclosed
> >
> >      plugins/formulashape/KoFormulaTool.cpp:411
> >
> >  vector
> >
> >      plugins/formulashape/KoFormulaTool.cpp:426
> >
> >  root
> >
> >      plugins/formulashape/KoFormulaTool.cpp:413
> >
> >  bevelled
> >
> >      plugins/formulashape/KoFormulaTool.cpp:419
> >
> > Basically for each type of elements there is an icon missing. Does not
> > look
> > good when using the formula editing tool ;)
> >
> > Has it just been forgotten to commit these icons to the repository? From
> > the repository history it looks they have been never part of any version,
> > cmp. e.g.
> > http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/koffice/lib/kformula/pics/crystalsvg/?pathrev=
> > 1
> > 85694
> > http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/koffice/libs/kformula/pics/hicolor/?pathrev=65
> > 6930
> >
> > But the icon names sound as if someone locally might have had private
> > versions, so I am asking. Otherwise I will go and ask some artist if
> > she/he
> > likes to push some pixels, to fill the gap.
> >
> > Cheers
> > Friedrich
>
> I am not sure but I think that the porting of the formula shape from KOffice
> 1.x was never really finished.  This means that you *may* be able to find
> some or all of these missing icons in kformula 1.6.3 that I think was the
> last KOffice 1.x version.

Yes, had looked through most of these icon folders, but never saw any trace of
these icons.

Meanwhile I found the commit which introduced these icon names, some almost 3
years ago:
http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/koffice/kformula/flake/KoFormulaTool.cpp?r1=1014885&r2=1014890&pathrev=1216793

Jeremias, do you happen do just have forgotten to commit those icons as well?
(Please say yes :) )

If so, do you still have them around and would like to share them? Unless you
are ready to just commit them to the Calligra repo, you can also simply send
them to the Calligra mailinglist, mentioning the license under which you share
them*, and I or someone else will do the commit for you. </hope>

* Hm, not sure which license any of the icons in Calligra have. Where is this
mentioned? Source files have that in their headers, where do the icons?

Cheers
Friedrich