GSOC Idea: Calligra service plugin for user survey framework

Celeste Lyn Paul celeste at kde.org
Tue Feb 14 16:45:23 GMT 2012

For GSOC last year, mattr and I had a student (jonathan perichon)
working on a user survey framework that listens for events on various
services and provides a targeted user feedback survey when certain
behaviors (such interacting with a new feature like a new type of
widget) happen within the service. Our demonstration service was for
studying DBUS notifications but a survey service can be developed for
almost anything.

I was thinking as a follow-on GSOC project, it would be great for a
student (or students) develop additional services and surveys for
various KDE applications. Calligra came to mind because you have an
active development community and a lot of new features within the
suite that could benefit from testing.

Would there be a developer willing to mentor such a project? Do you
have any ideas of features that would be worth collecting user
feedback on?

Thanks!

~ Celeste

--