An other beta

C. Boemann cbo at boemann.dk
Sat Feb 11 09:26:06 GMT 2012

On Saturday 11 February 2012 10:17:20 Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> On Saturday 11 February 2012 Feb, Cyrille Berger Skott wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > After discussing it with boemann yesterday on IRC, words/stage needs an
> > other beta, and some other fixes that will happen during the course of
> > the next two weeks. With an extra beta tagged on the 24th (so that we
> > are sure it is the last one).
> >
> > And branching to happen two weeks after that on the 9th.
> >
> > Any objections ?
>
> Yes, I actually do object. We cannot go on releasing beta after beta
> without killing development -- bug fixing is slacking off more and more
> because everybody is tired by now. More and more, people are either
> stopping to hack or working on new stuff. Nobody can keep their attention
> span on releasing for so long. We've been working on Calligra way more
> than a year now, we've been trying to release for about half a year!
>
> I really think that another beta won't help much; for Words we should
> disable the changetracking and rdf gui, which expose the worst breakage. I
> don't believe that another week, another month will actually make a
> difference.
>
> I think it's time to release.
I do believe another beta will help, as I've arranged a mini sprint with
PierreSt in Munich on the 19th-22nd

As for killing development I'm prepared to branch of a release branch and we
will work in that. But I also think the bugs Pierre and I are going to fix are
so important that at least Words should not be released with this bug still
there (and no it's not about changetracking nor rdf, but rather simple undo of
paste and delete).