Making dbus optional in Calligra

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Tue Feb 7 14:09:33 GMT 2012

On Tue, 7 Feb 2012, Jaroslaw Staniek wrote:

> I am not sure about the plugin idea. Plugins are good if there are
> alternative means implemented supporting the same interface - here the
> generic local communication.
> Is that the case here? How about complexity that would not pay off?

Compile switches tend to bitrot -- suddenly a particular option no longer
compiles or works because nobody is actually using that option anymore.

And yes, well, of course there are platform-local ways of ipc, on windows
and android that we might want to use instead of dbus, if there is demand
for it.