Officially supported platform (Was: Re: [calligra] /: Move the external library kdchart from the chart shape to 3rdparty/.)

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Fri Dec 21 10:19:18 GMT 2012

On Friday 21 December 2012 Dec, Cyrille Berger Skott wrote:
> On Thursday 20 Dec 2012, Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> > On Thu, 20 Dec 2012, Cyrille Berger Skott wrote:
> > > Currently Linux is our only officially supported platform, this is why
> > > build issues (and other critical issues) on Linux become release
> > > blockers. Windows and Mac OSX support is still considered work in
> > > progress and experimental. Hopefully it will change some time in the
> > > future.
> >
> > Well, given that we've got a build bot on windows and build packages for
> > all the releases, I'd say we should upgrade the status of Windows as a
> > supported platform.
>
> I agree I think we should for next release. But I am also puzzled why a last
> minute source code refactor is needed then.
>
> > > But we also have to take into considerations some pratical aspects, like
> > > 95% of developers and "master" testers are using linux at the moment,
> > > which means errors are caught very quickly on Linux, and this is not the
> > > case for Windows/Mac OSX, it also means that a huge refactor is usually
> > > not necesserary to solve build issues on Linux. And before we consider
> > > Windows/Mac OSX, the build on those platform need to stabilize and we
> > > would need to find practical solutions to the lack of testing problem,
> > > like nightly/continuous build on build.kde.org.
> >
> > http://build.kde.org/job/calligra_master_win32/
>
> Last one is December, 5th. And I guess we would need it for release branch. An
> alternative is to have a release day freeze/compile party, and on that day
> "platform maintainers" build calligra from scratch and report the result to
> the release coordinator. But that require some heavy synchronization work.

Dam... Looks like the connection got broken... Because the buildbot is still runnning:
the last build I saw being reported on the KO buildbot irc channel was

04:07:52 < c2w-bot> Project Calligra 2.6 (kde-4.7) build #154: SUCCESS in 5 min 39 sec: http://buildvm.kolan:8080/job/c26kde47/154/
04:07:53 < c2w-bot> * scripty: SVN_SILENT made messages (.desktop file)
04:07:53 < c2w-bot> * danders: Workaround bug 311940: Plan crashes when typing a text in the filter textbox before the textbook is fully loaded when selecting a contact from
                    the adressbook
04:07:54 < c2w-bot> * yue.liu: added retina compatible icon support for osx

--
Boudewijn Rempt