a new library

C. Boemann cbo at boemann.dk
Wed Dec 19 00:55:38 GMT 2012

Hi

In an attempt to to rework the ui, we have run into a problem:

KoCreatePathTool in libs/flake needs some widgets from libs/widgets

however the dependency is in the opposite direction

So unless we want to move the tools into libs/widgets we need to move the tool
to somewhere else.

It can't be moved to a plugin as krita has some tools that inherit from
KoCreatePathTool.

My suggestion is thus that we make a new library, which I call alpine as it's
a superstructure to flake. This alpine library will depend on libs/widgets and
contain basically tools, shapes and dockers that are too important or generic
enough that we can't have them in plugins but need to be sure is available.

For now it would only contain the KoCreatePathTool but in the past I've
thought that maybe the textshape needs to be in a library instead of a plugin.

So what do you say?

best regards
C. Boemann