[calligra] /: Move the external library kdchart from the chart shape to 3rdparty/.

C. Boemann cbo at boemann.dk
Tue Dec 18 22:23:45 GMT 2012

On Tuesday 18 December 2012 23:04:31 Inge Wallin wrote:
> On Tuesday, December 18, 2012 20:05:28 C. Boemann wrote:

> > > I don't think we win anything by doing this and just risk stuff. E.g.
> > > packagers need to redo their work and I'm against doing something like
> > > that, that late in the release cycle.
> > >
> > > Thorsten
> >
> > I wouldn't say we win nothing. The point of this change is to make it
> > build on windows.
>
> This particular change doesn't win anything for Windows.  It's just a
> followup patch to collect all 3rd party libraries under 3rdparty/.
>
> > That said I think it's very late indeed. we should release another RC for
> > sure if we do
>
> Yeah. If we think it's too late then I have nothing against that.  This
> time it's really just a move, nothing else.
ah, in that case, yes then it's definitely too late.

But I would still say that in general we should be a bit more accepting of
minority OSes. Had it been a build issue, and had it been on linux, we would
have called it a release_blocker and what not, but on windows, or OSX it's
not?

I don't have any reason myself to care for these OSes except that if we ever
want to be taken serious on them we shouldn't dismiss issues as easily as
that. It doesn't send a welcoming message to potential developers and users on
those platforms.

Camilla